Wednesday 30 September 2009

Things not going according to plan.....

.....in fact they can't be going more wrong. Doughnuts are currently in complete control of my life!!! Nooooo!!! This is not good - I can feel my waist expanding everyday :( I said no more binges, but I have!! Quite bad ones. Why! Why! Why!
It's time to refocus. Collect myself mentally and physically. Time to decide what I want to achieve. I think if I write down my aims then that will make them more real and increase my motivation.
Ultimate goals:
  • reach goal weight - 9 st 4 lb
  • reach body-fat of 20%
  • complete a triathlon
  • run a half marathon (Great North Run)

I think these will be plenty to be going on with. The reason I have a weight goal and a body fat goal is so I have another way of tracking my progress. If I reach 20% body fat (I can dream) before I get to my goal weight I won't stress so much about those last pounds. Of course inches is also another good way to track progress.

Even though I was not going to put pressure on myself to lose weight by a specific time, ideally I would like the majority of my lard to be blitzed by next summer, mainly because I hope to either go travelling or work as a courier/rep over summer. Neither of which I want to be fat for. Also, next October it is my best friends wedding, which I am Maid of Honour/Chief Bridesmaid - which ever you prefer, so I REALLY don't want to be fat for that!! I have to lose at least 6 inches on my waist for my dress to even fit - though I am hoping it will need to be taken in!! Again, I can dream and I shall because many who dare - win!

In order to fight this binge problem I have I am going choose not to eat chocolate, cakes and biscuits for ONE month. One month is nothing so I have no excuse not to be able to do - I do it every lent! For some reason I find that easier then any other time of the year. Strange. With that in mind I will not have a big binge today on the eve of yet another attempt at weight loss. Here we go! Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment