Friday 18 September 2009

It's now or never!

I have been in this position far too many times, I'm sure many can relate to. You aren't happy with yourself so you try to lose weight, you hit an obstacle, fall off the wagon, gain the weight back, then gain more because you feel like a failure. For me its a fairly regular thing...I am an expert when its comes to overeating. Sneaking food at work, getting through a big back of sweets on my 5 min drive home, even secretly eating entire packs of doughnuts whilst watching tv with my dad in the living room. If he notices, he doesn't say, which dissappoints me. This, of course, feels very shameful and is something I must overcome.
I sit here, writing this up, feeling rather excited about what I can acheive. If I focus. For once I have relieved myself of any pressure to lose weight quickly, as after having tried to rush the process for the past 20 months has resulted in me becoming fatter - not the desired outcome.
So I intend to just attend the gym 3 times a week doing my beloved weights (I do actually love weight training and dumbells hehe) along with cardio, which will include running, cycling etc and I must stick to my calorie allowance. My allowance will only be set to lose a pound a week, which sounds to me like it will take forever!! BUT! If I am consistent with a pound a week, whilst re-training my mind with a healthier lifestyle then it will still be quicker (and more permament) than my attempts over the last 20 months. So it's all good!
I'm going to weigh on tuesdays before I go to college. These next few months will be even more interesting with studying making diet control even more challenging! Bring it on!
I'm sure I will be letting off plenty of steam about all aspects of life in general in this blog to any lovely web people out there who stumble over my ramblings! Okay, I better get some sleep now, I anticipate tomorrow will be a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment